Monday, December 19, 2011

Should You Send Customers Holiday Greetings?

Have you ever wondered if it is appropriate in a business environment to send your customers holiday greetings? My answer would be yes, sometimes; but, only if you are absolutely certain your customer celebrates the holiday.  As a business person you do not want to offend any of your customers by sending them holiday greetings for holidays they do not participate in. You have good intentions and would like to offer them well-wishes for the season.  What to do? One of the suggestions I make to my clients is to send cards or tokens of appreciation for holidays that are non-religious based, such as New Year's Day, Independence Day and Thanksgiving.  Other appropriate occasions are: a customer's anniversary with your company; a client's birthday; or, if a B2B client, the anniversary of their own company going into business. The point of sending customers greetings is to say: "I appreciate you", "I am thinking of you" and "I wish you well". All of these can be conveyed at times other than a religious holiday. You may also stand outside of the pack and be remembered better for the effort you took to be thoughtful and polite.  Questions, Comments, Concerns? Leave me a post or email me at: lkatz@georgiasbdc.org

Wishing You a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment